From the beginning, GallantFew has grown from the veteran community in response to needs of that community. Our 1st 5 year chart shows you growth in services and funds raised each year, and the detailed charts show you performance so far this year. GallantFew now has three full time, one part time employees and two contracted positions. Our Executive Director is hands-on and spends the majority of his time directly helping veterans. Our offices are virtual and we have no plans to add the overhead of brick and mortar.
You can verify our status here and view our IRS documents below.
We don’t disclose details that identify those veterans we help. It’s hard enough to ask for help, and can be embarrassing to the veteran and his or her family. Here are some examples of work this year:
- Provided direct, one-on-one mentoring to help Veterans achieve a smoother transition.
- Connected with Veterans in danger of harming themselves, helped them accept that they needed help, and helped them get into appropriate care – several times meaning in-patient treatment.
- Helped Veterans starting or expanding businesses achieve the Veterans Administration’s “Certified Veteran Enterprise” recognition, allowing them to compete as Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses in federal business opportunities.
- Assisted Veterans will legal issues, ranging from criminal defense to civil matters.
- Partnered with the Elk Institute, providing cutting-edge psychological care for Veterans.
- Supported the Raider 7 crash with support to families and team-mates
- Raider Project retreat
- Provided DFW Fit-Vet, a partnership with Metroport Rotary, Summit Indoor Climbing and GallantFew to help veterans increase physical fitness, confidence and trust.
- Built The Darby Project brand as the Ranger Alumni network with 14 chapters.
- Partnered with Hire Heroes, RP6, Sua Sponte Elite Race team.
We know we have saved and helped to save lives; we have helped veterans move from homelessness to housing, and prevented others from becoming homeless; and helped veterans obtain jobs where otherwise they would have never had access to the job opening. At the end of 2014 GallantFew logged 695 veteran services. As of November 5, 2015 GallantFew has logged 743 veteran services.
Here are some quotes used by permission:
“I can’t begin to tell you the hope you’ve given me”
“In a few months I’ve achieved SDVOSB Certified Veteran Enterprise status and my business has expanded tremendously. I hope to hire several new employees in the next year as a result”
“Your resume review and Ranger referral services helped me land a great job”
Your contribution ensures:
- Our ability to identify, screen, network and connect transitioning veterans with Guides
- Our ability to build the capacity needed to ensure every veteran seeking assistance receives appropriate and timely help
- The New American Veteran awareness continues and reaches a greater audience through social media such as BlogTalkRadio, PodBean, iTunes and Blogger
GallantFew believes in absolute transparency. Below are the IRS Form 990’s (the equivalent of a tax return for a non-profit). Currently (as of November 2016) there are three full-time and one part time employees. Executive Director Karl Monger donated 100% of his time in 2010 and 2011. In 2012 the board voted to pay Karl $36,000 per year. June 2013 the board raised that to $50,000 per year.