From the beginning, GallantFew has grown from the veteran community in response to the needs of that community. We know we have saved and helped to save lives. In 2018, GallantFew provided 1592 services to Veterans; and as of November 2019 has provided over 1800 services.
We don’t disclose details that identify those veterans we help. It’s hard enough to ask for help and can be embarrassing to the veteran and his or her family.
Here are some examples of work this year:
- Provided direct, one-on-one mentoring to help Veterans achieve a smoother transition.
- Connected with veterans in danger of harming themselves, helped them accept that they needed help, and helped them get into appropriate care – several times meaning in-patient treatment.
- Raider Project conducted its first marriage retreat in Surf City NC.
- Assisted in the creation and implementation of the Ranger For Life program through our Ranger focused program, The Darby Project.
- Coordinated and hosted VetXpo
- GallantFew 3 climbing retreats(Two West Coast, One East Coast)
- Continue a partnership with Metroport Rotary, Summit Indoor Climbing, and GallantFew to help veterans increase physical fitness, confidence and trust. Over 125 Veterans have participated since the program began(2015).
- Added three program organizations serving women veterans (WAM Project), American Indian veterans (Medicine Wheel Society), and VetRec.
Here are some quotes used by permission:
“I can’t begin to tell you the hope you’ve given me”
“Your resume review and Ranger referral services helped me land a great job”
Your contribution ensures:
- Our ability to identify, screen, network and connect transitioning veterans with GallantFew Guides
- Our ability to build the capacity needed to ensure every veteran seeking assistance receives appropriate and timely help
GallantFew believes in absolute transparency. Below is the IRS Form 990’s (the equivalent of a tax return for a non-profit). Currently (as of November 2019) has three full time, six contract positions and two volunteer positions, and a recent external financial audit determined our administrative costs were a mere 4%.
You can verify our status here and view our IRS documents below.