GallantFew provides one-on-one transition assistance and veteran support to any service member or veteran seeking guidance along their transition from the military and reintegration into American society. We motivate communities all over the nation to take responsibility for veterans returning; welcoming, connecting, and including.
GallantFew was founded by veterans for veterans.
“A nation is judged by how well it treats its veterans”
Picture yourself today being thrust into a new place you’ve never been, having to immediately provide for your family. How do you secure a job? What do you do for healthcare? Where do you live? How will your relationship and kids weather these changes? How will you succeed during this critical juncture in your life? These are questions our veterans and their families face during transition.
According to the Department of Defense, every day approximately 1,300 new veterans, spouses, and children begin the journey of reintegration into their local communities. The transition for these families brings many unique challenges and no two transitions are the same.
These veterans and their families are incredible assets to our nation. Given the opportunity of effective integration, they will continue to serve and lead in our communities and businesses.
Are You Gallantly Fit?
The GallantFew STAR (Self Training And Response-ability) Program is the method by which GallantFew provides one-on-one mentorship to veterans. The Program encompasses mentorship in the main fitness areas of transition from military service to civilian life: emotional, spiritual, physical, professional, and social. Goals within each fitness area are:
- Spiritual: A life of purpose and direction.
- Professional. A fulfilling career, education, and financial growth.
- Social. Integration and leadership in civilian communities.
- Physical. Healthy and fit lifestyle.
- Emotional. A personal growth mindset with a sound emotional state.
How We Serve
- One-on-one mentorship: Our primary service is one-on-one mentorship to veterans in transition or reintegration. This mentorship is provided at no cost by one of our Veteran Support Specialists. During the mentorship, actionable plans are drawn up to guide a veteran’s successful journey. All mentorship begins with a self-evaluation tool, the GallantFew Azimuth Check.
- VetSTAR Coaching: Join one of our certified Burris VetSTAR coaches in a one-on-one conversation to determine how you can best achieve the objectives you’re working towards in the following realms: emotional, social, physical, spiritual, and professional. These meetings are conducted virtually via phone or video chat based on your preference.
- GallantFew Spartan Pledge: The Spartan Pledge is a verbal promise to reach out to a Battle Buddy before taking one’s own life by one’s own hand. For Patriot Challenge 2021, nearly 2,500 individuals took the Spartan Pledge. In September or 2020, GallantFew signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Reno, Nevada Veteran Affairs Administration to use the GallantFew Spartan Pledge. The Spartan Pledge is a promise both the military and civilian community can take. This Pledge is one-way GallantFew is tackling suicide in the military community.
- BRGADV: With more than 50 members, the Business Resource Group Association for the Diversity and Inclusion of Veterans (BRGADV) is steadily growing. Members of the community gather together to create positive change for veterans in the workplace. Members of the BRGADV come from organizations such as Leidos, State Farm, American Airlines, AT&T, Goldman Sachs, Charles Schwab, and more.
- GallantFew VetRec: GallantFew’s VetRec Program supports veteran physical and mental fitness needs through indoor rock climbing, community fitness events, and individualized fitness plans. We believe outdoor recreation provides veterans challenges, a connection with nature, and a community of others who share similar ideas and interests.
- Mission Support Partners: For services GallantFew does not directly provide, we have partnered with like-minded veteran service organizations to provide world-class services to our veterans. Mission Support Partners provide niche services to veterans in areas of emotional, physical, spiritual, professional, and social.