Position: Reporting to the Director of Veteran Programs, the Associate of Veteran Programs is primarily a service provider of Hire Heroes USA’s programs to veterans. The Associate of Veteran Programs reports to a Manager of Veteran Programs and conducts veteran assessments, resume revisions, job search assistance, interview skills training, and Warrior Transition Workshops. A majority of the Associate’s time will be spent interacting with veterans in person, on the phone, or via email, in order to educate the veteran on effective job search techniques, improve the veteran’s resume, develop the veteran’s interview skills, and assist with job placement, when able. The successful candidate should have military service or veterans outreach experience. This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Conduct detailed Veteran intakes/assessments over the phone or in person
- Develop a job search strategy for assigned Veterans
- Develop or revise Veteran resumes in accordance with program standards
- Identify Veteran job search shortfalls and train the Veteran accordingly
- Assist with tracking program outputs and outcomes
- Recommend updates and improvements of all Veteran Program training material
- Maintain quality, accuracy, and privacy of assigned Veteran information in the Hire Heroes USA
- content-management system
- Develop knowledge through various certifications, classes, and professional publications
- Work in coordination with Corporate Relations and Development staff to match suitable veterans
- with open jobs
- Support organization events and fundraisers as needed
- This position will involve travel within the United States up to 25% of the time
- Perform other tasks as directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team, while productively engaging with others
- at varying levels of seniority within and outside Hire Heroes USA
- High energy and passion for Hire Heroes USA’s mission is essential
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple project and initiatives at one time
As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, HHUSA’s services are provided at no cost to the veteran.
“Creating the Opportunity.”
The transition back into civilian life can be challenging for service men and women, especially those wounded or disabled. As they seek to establish new civilian careers, many young veterans find themselves behind their peers and counterparts in terms of employment experience and networking in the civilian sector.
The services HHUSA offers to our returning service members – our Heroes – help ease the transition into civilian life and ensure these selfless men and women have the opportunity to enjoy the freedoms they fought to preserve.
Request information on this opportunity: email Ranger Mike Schlitz